posted to alt.sailing.asa
John Cairns

Default Battery charging

OzOne wrote in message ...
On Sat, 03 Jun 2006 23:13:31 GMT, "John Cairns"
scribbled thusly:

Or that you forget to switch the batteries after the engine is started,
and
don't charge either battery properly, overcharging one battery and
undercharging the other.

John Cairns

Huh?

Oz1...of the 3 twins.

What I read. Typically you have two different size batteries, which not only
charge a different rates but usually have different levels of charge. A
battery selector switch does nothing to regulate charging rates, and
batteries themselves are not self regulating. With a proper charge
monitoring system one would be able to manually switch between batteries,
but the original poster never indicated that he had one of those either. My
guess is that he doesn't.

John Cairns