posted to alt.sailing.asa
John Cairns

Default Battery charging

"Dave" wrote in message
On Sat, 03 Jun 2006 23:13:31 GMT, "John Cairns"
said:

Or that you forget to switch the batteries after the engine is started,
and
don't charge either battery properly, overcharging one battery and
undercharging the other.

Why do you think that not charging the second battery will result in
overcharging the first? I would have thought that a well built system
would
prevent overcharging even if you had only one battery.

He didn't mention having a "well built system", simply a typical 1-2 All
battery selector switch, which does nothing to regulate charge. I would have
thought that if he had a "well built system" he would have nmentioned it and
indeed, probably never have asked the question in the first place, as he
would have had no need to. Which reminds me of the fact that I don't have a
"well built system" on my own boat, possibly a project to tackle this year.

John Cairns