posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats,rec.boats.building
Leanne

Default Hypalon paint or coating -- any experiences?

A couple of weeks ago I was in his place, and he had an inflatable that
looked like pure hell.
It had been painted with *something*, and the paint didn't turn out to
be as flexible as the
material underneath. It was cracked, chipped, dirty, and decidedly sad
looking. I was really surprised to learn that the totally un-bristol
cosmetic disaster belongs to a very successful yacht broker. Good
grief! What is he thinking? I don't know if he used a "proper" paint or
whether the available products are now improved, but that boat looked
so bad that if it were mine I'd toss it into the dumpster and shop for
something a lot less shameful looking.

When you dinghy in to the public dock, no one would ever think about
stealing it, as they wouldn't trust it.

Leanne