Capt John

Default Hydrolock - compression question...

Rick wrote:
does everyone believe that hitting the kill switch at WOT we can expect to
get water into the engine??

I know you can poop the boat but engine damage is a little more then water
over the stern.

Rick,

If you suddenly shut the engine down at high speed what happens is that
as the engine stops spinning it will actually take a few turns in the
opposite direction, drawing water up into the cylinders. I had the same
thing happen to a friend of mine several years ago, his young daughter
reached over and turned the key to the off position. He called another
friend and he told him what happened. He told him to pull the plugs and
crank the water out. He put the plugs back in and it started right up!
I would have never beleaved it myself, but it worked. I would do the
same thing with the boat in this thread, plus an oil change, he may
have some rings that are frozen, they should loosen up with some light
weight oil in each cylinder overnight.

John