Ken Heaton

Default Suggestion for a 4-800 lb. inexpensive mooring ?

Train wheels are good. One wheel with half the axle is what a couple of
friends in Baddeck are using. He won't tell me where he got them.

Another option are Crusher Cones, inner or outer, made of manganese steel,
from rock crushers. About 1000 lbs I believe. Some other friends of mine
use them. I'm not sire where he got them, he's had them for years.

Perhaps Paul Hashem's Scrap Yard on Brookland St. in Sydney could help.
(902) 564-6346 They may have other suggestions.

--
Ken Heaton & Anne Tobin
Cape Breton Island, Canada

wrote in message
oups.com...
If you can find them locally, a couple of scrap trainwheels work well
too. ....and they have a handy hole in the middle to run your chain
through.

Matt

Terry K wrote:
How big a boat?

An engine from a T-bird might just do. All it needs is a trip through
the car wash to get the oil and crud out of it. No big deal.

I used a truck engine to moor my SC22 for years, and the local marina
guy dropped a concrete mooring he cast in his own yard into my
beachfront for 250 bucks, delivered. He told me it needed to cure on
land for a couple of weeks to satisfy the enviromaniacs.

Terry K