posted to rec.boats.electronics
Kees Verruijt

Default Radar and MAC

mortond wrote:
I am using a Mac Powerbook 15" running MacENC charting software using free
BBS government charts,
I have a GPS antenna connected to a USB port.
I am told I can connect a Radar radome to a serial Miniplex lite and
thence to a USB port on the Mac.
The output, from the radome has to include:

$RARSD Radar
$RATLL Radar target
$RATTM Radar tracked target

Does anyone know which manufacturer's radome would have the required plug
and outputs.
It all sounds too good to be true to be able to combine all this info. on
one screen. Apparently AIS can also be displayed using this same setup.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
David

For an idea of what you will be able to get with the above NMEA data,
look at this example:

http://www.hypack.com/newsletter/9_9..._Marinuzzi.htm

Or for that matter, the MacENC website:

http://www.gpsnavx.com/index.php?page=Screenshots (scroll down to AIS/Radar)