kuhlhand

Default Starter removal on 1997 3.0L Volvo Penta GM

Gene Kearns wrote:
On Wed, 31 May 2006 19:00:47 -0500, MAT penned the following well
considered thoughts to the readers of rec.boats:

Have you tried cleaning the Battery terminals and the wire terminals. Also,
check for tight connections on the starter ( + ) and a good ground to the
engine block.

That is good advice. I HIGHLY recommend that you correctly diagnose
the problem rather than swapping parts.

--

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Oak Island, NC.

Homepage
http://myworkshop.idleplay.net/

Rec.boats at Lee Yeaton's Bayguide
http://www.thebayguide.com/rec.boats

In messing with the starter for the last couple of days, I have
discovered that someone else has messed with it before...one of the big
bolts that mounts to the engine is missing, the "ear" that one of the
thru-bolts goes through has been ground off and the washers and nut
that hold the other thru-bolt are gone. When I replaced the battery
this last time I checked all the cable connections to eliminate that as
one of the problems.

Regards,

Kuhlhand