Reginald P. Smithers

Default One for the not so swift among us-

basskisser wrote:
Reginald P. Smithers wrote:
Mys Terry wrote:
On Wed, 31 May 2006 22:19:22 GMT, Shortwave Sportfishing
wrote:

On Wed, 31 May 2006 21:26:23 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"

Bassy, I really don't want to take you to school on this again.

Just drop it.
Al Gore NEVER said he "invented the internet" period.
March 9, 1999.

Quote: "During my service in the United States Congress, I took the
initiative in creating the Internet." End of quote.

Now, do you really want to get your brains all in a twist over
subjective intent and symbolic psychology as it pertains to how
statements are perceived?

No you don't because the last time we did this, about two years ago I
think, you ran away for two weeks and never brought the subject up
again.
It wasn't the subject that made him go away. It was the cigar smoke.
What ever works. :)

http://www.snopes.com/quotes/internet.asp

Terry & Skipper, Clearlake Texas

The Internet Story was a major political fax paux. Everyone knew what
Al Gore was trying to say, but it sure made for great political mud.

No, Reggie, apparently not all know what Al Gore was trying to say.
Seems the right wingers still haven't figured it out.

No, they know, but when you have good political mud, you don't want to
let it go. Heck look how long we beat a dead horse in rec.boats, do you
think the political hacks are going to give up on a good horse when
you can still beat it some more?

--
Reggie

That's my story and I am sticking to it.