Reginald P. Smithers

Default Bayliner Alternatives

Harry Krause wrote:

If by ocean, you mean a mile or so offshore on decent days and you are
familiar with Florida's weather patterns, there's nothing wrong with an
ocean-sized Bayliner of 20 or more feet.

That is how the "average" family boater wants to use the boat. As you
emphasized, Florida's weather pattern can make for drastic and rather
fast changes in the weather. Even if you are only 1 mile off shore, you
really have to keep an eye on the horizon and listen to the NOAA weather
station.

While Florida is notorious for fast changing weather, summer is ripe for
afternoon Thunderstorms with high winds and wind shear. We have had
"Thunderstorms" flip houseboats on our lake.
--
Reggie

That's my story and I am sticking to it.