Peter

Default When would you board someone else's boat??

On 16 Apr 2004 00:49:38 GMT, (Gould 0738) wrote:

Wouldn't board somebody else's boat without permission unless it was a serious
emergency.

Smoke pouring out a cabin window, (smoke that doesn't have a relaxed and
friendly smell, of course)? I'm going aboard. Line chafed almost through and
boat in danger of getting loose? Same thing.

snip

Sadly in today's litigaous times you have to be even more careful.

We've been advised by the marina management not to touch anyone else's
yacht, even if the lines are chafing or loose. If you re-tie
someone's lines and the boat gets loose, even if it's not from a line
you tied, you can be personally liabale for any damage to that yacht,
or any other damage its does. Serious bikkies.

Most of us now have our mobile numbers next to our pen numbers so at
least we can be called.

Peter

www.oceanodyssey.net

Peter & Jean looking for sponsors for the Melbourne-Osaka in 2007, and
promising we will get round to updating our website this year.

"Do not measure your life by the number of breaths you take,
Rather by the number of times life just takes your breath away"