posted to rec.boats.electronics
Ansley W. Sawyer

Default Have new laptop I need to connect GPS

Mike,

I have the Cap'n software on my laptop with a Brookhouse multiplexer USB
that gets inputs from 2 Garmin GPS's (old 120 and handheld 76 mounted),
fathometer/water temp, and Simrad autopilot compass. The multiplexer outputs
to the computer over the USB, the radar, the GPS and the autopilot. I can
set courses on the computer and send them directly to the autopilot or I can
upload them to the GPS and then send them to the autopilot. I have it all
wired so that everything works by itself if I do not turn on the multiplexer
but they all talk together if it is on.

I like to Cap'n software and have used it for years. Now that raster charts
are free it is easy to add and area that you would like to see.

Cheers

Ansley Sawyer
SV Pacem