posted to rec.boats.electronics

Default Have new laptop I need to connect GPS

Hi All: I'm new to the group, but I do have a serious question.

In April I bought a new DELL XPS Laptop... great machine, but I'm not
doing a commercial here.! My problem is, I want to hang a GPS on one
of the inputs and, possible an autopilot on the output. I have a
Garmin handheld but will replace that with something that runs off boat
power and my old autopilot died a couple of years ago so that will be
replaced as part of this package replacement project.

Does anyone know a good place to go for recommendations or does anyone
on this group have any? I've already looked at the Garmin site but I
don't really know if that's where I want to go.

Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Mike