Black Dog

Default One for the not so swift among us-

Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:

~~ ZOOM~~ right over the head.

THE POINT was that you can just about prove anything you want with any
data set you want.

No ****.

Back in university we used to, just for kicks and because we could
suddenly do statistical analysis with a computer (you wouldn't waste
your time actually calculating this crap), test data sets against
sunspot cycles.

You can make anything (anything we tried anyway), the price of oil, the
state of the stock market, the levels of arsenic in sediments around a
gold deposit, the election of Democratic presidents in the USA,
correlate to sunspot cycles.

That said, global warming and cooling cycles also correlate to sunspot
cycles (surprize!). But in that case, at least, there is an obvious
causal relationship... Well, obvious to some of us.