kuhlhand

Default Starter removal on 1997 3.0L Volvo Penta GM

recently I have been having trouble starting my boat...the starter has
started to act funny...taking a long time to start the engine and even
draining the batteries. I am trying to remove the starter and can't get
a wrench to fit on the bolt that mounts to the engine. Does anyone have
any suggestions on what tool works best to remove the bolt? The bolt is
on the underside of the starter (hard to get to) and stuck right up
against the engine which makes it impossible to get a socket around it.

Please help!