JoeSpareBedroom

Default One for the not so swift among us-

I thought I retired. :)

If my dad's any indication, then don't retire. He's 84, and still runs the
business. He also runs outside people who wish they'd stayed in school
longer after talking to him. Banks visit to offer us lines of credit. They
send the young meat on these errands, and I'm not sure if that's good or bad
for them. My dad teaches them the banking business, including regulations
that might have changed two days earlier. Much of the time, they didn't even
know that a particular category of regulation existed. Must be tough
learning a business when you're 26 and your supervisor is 28.

He was in the hospital for a hip replacement in December. I was there when
some accounting person came to his room to discuss insurance, Medicaid blah
blah whatever. The woman was stumbling badly as she leafed through the
paperwork. My dad went into multi-track mode, analyzing what the Knicks were
doing on TV, tossing in some comments on the architecture of the church
across the street, and directing the lady to specific pages & paragraphs in
her paperwork.

Amazing, but scary. Don't *ever* retire.