posted to alt.sailing.tall-ships
Maloney Empire

Default SS Eclipse - Built 1875 Melbourne Australia - help required please

Hi all,
The Hastings Western-Port Historical Society is trying to find a picture of
the 69 ft wood burning ship "SS Eclipse" (No. 64802) built in Melbourne in
1875. It took passengers from Hastings to Phillip Island 1878-1888 and was
relocated to Port Fairy.
The ship later was based at Geelong - it could have been lost in Bass Strait
in 1900 but we believe that could have been another ship with the same name.
It was on the ship register until 1928.
The HW-PHS is desperately seeking a photo for our collection.
There are quite a few ships called Eclipse and we have heard about nearly
all of them, and ruled them out, except the one we are seeking.
If anyone can suggest or point to where we can continue our search it would
be greatly appreciated.
I realise I have not added where the search has been, our President, Shirley
Davies, and our maritime expert, Arthur Woodley have literally searched
everywhere.
We are hoping someone might have a photo or drawing/picture of the ship we
could borrow.

Thanks so much for any help we may get.
--
Di Maloney
Please remove 1 from email address to reply direct.