posted to rec.boats.electronics
b393capt

Default How to configure E-80 so boat speed does not matter ?

MARPA shows vector's and speeds of other boats, that are wrong. After
observing a couple of boats, best I can tell is that MARPA thinks my
boat speed is zero. For example I am catching up to a boat in front of
me, we are both heading east. I expect MARPA shows that boat as heading
east at 5 knots (I am moving at about 7 knots). Instead MARPA shows the
heading of the other boat to me in my direction (270 degrees) at 2
knots, a speed roughly equal to the speed our boats are closing
relative to each other.

Dan