basskisser

Default One for the not so swift among us-

Sean Corbett wrote:
You wrote:

In article ,
says...
You wrote:

In article ,
says...

There is no such evidence that human activity is responsible for
climate change.

Well, I should have known I was talking with a flat earth proponent.

Replying with personal attacks rather than any evidence further
enhances my statement.

The problem for you is that you think we all "believe" when, in fact,
that's not our currency.

Our currency is evidence.

Then present some.

The fact that the sun heats both planets does not preclude that we've
messing with the earth's atmosphere. When you change a system as
integral to the earth's condition as its atmosphere, it's going to
produce change.

Present evidence of the change, and that human activity is causal of that
change.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...489955,00.html
Which starts out:
The strongest evidence yet that global warming has been triggered by
human activity has emerged from a major study of rising temperatures in
the world's oceans.

The present trend of warmer sea temperatures, which have risen by an
average of half a degree Celsius (0.9F) over the past 40 years, can be
explained only if greenhouse gas emissions are responsible, new
research has revealed.

The results are so compelling that they should end controversy about
the causes of climate change, one of the scientists who led the study
said yesterday

And he http://www.commondreams.org/headlines05/0219-01.htm
Which starts out:
Scientists have found the first unequivocal link between man-made
greenhouse gases and a dramatic heating of the Earth's oceans. The
researchers - many funded by the US government - have seen what they
describe as a "stunning" correlation between a rise in ocean
temperature over the past 40 years and pollution of the atmosphere.

The study destroys a central argument of global warming skeptics within
the Bush administration - that climate change could be a natural
phenomenon. It should convince George Bush to drop his objections to
the Kyoto treaty on climate change, the scientists say.

Tim Barnett, a marine physicist at the Scripps Institution of
Oceanography in San Diego and a leading member of the team, said:
"We've got a serious problem. The debate is no longer: 'Is there a
global warming signal?' The debate now is what are we going to do about
it?"