craigsmith

Default Demonstration footage of boat anchors

Lee Haefele wrote:
Interesting footage, I noted that the Rochna test seemed to be wetter sand.
The CQR type plow was identical to my experience, 50% failed launchings.
This was cured by my changing to a Delta, a non jointed plow. My CQR
knockoff, now resides in the garden.
Lee Haefele
Nauticat 33 Alesto

[quoted text clipped - 4 lines]

Mic 67

The Rocna wasn't tested in wetter sand, although this is a problem with our
video, in that it looks like it. The problem is the plow and claw are shot
from the same point as the Rocna (the camera doesn't move). Furthermore both
the claw and plow drag up the beach fairly quickly, and at this point yes the
sand is dryer - but not where they started.

I know that sounds like excuses but what can you do. See this pic that shows
the beach waterline and the location of the Rocna tests against those of the
others: http://www.rocna.com/images/remote/t..._waterline.jpg

For those that are interested the proper video is on our website (
www.rocna.com and select "watch the video"). All versions are higher quality
than the Google one, and there is a double-resolution one also if you have a
broadband connection.