Ron Magen

Default TEKA Teak Cleaner - What is in it?

Keith,
If you are speaking about 'basic chemistry' {sorry about the pun}, any weak
acid should do. My recommendation for something simple, cheap, and readily
available . . . VINEGAR.

Quickly throw a bucket of water on the spill to dilute it as much as
possible, then toss on some Vinegar and swab the area with a towel, etc.

It's Acidic Acid at a 5 percent dilution. Available at your local
supermarket in GALLON sizes. Really useful stuff . . . I use it for initial
cleaning and mix it with denatured Alcohol for 'holding' epoxy tools. It
also makes a very good weed killer. Not 'systemic', but gets rid of the
'above ground' green part in about 24-hours.

Regards & Good Luck,
Ron Magen
Backyard Boatshop

"Keith" wrote in message
oups.com...
Not exactly, but A is very caustic (basic) and B is a neutralizing
acid. Get extra B when you buy the stuff to neutralize it when you get
it where you don't want it.