Stephen Trapani

Default Demonstration footage of boat anchors

wrote:
Knowledge is not made more true or false based upon the experience of
the person who holds it.

I respectfully disagree. Knowledge without experience is untested as
witnessed by the statement regarding kellets.

Can't an inexperienced person get knowledge from experienced people?

Kellets can be useful
for reducing swing radius in a crowded anchorage under moderate
conditions, but do very little to enhance ultimate holding power of an
anchor, any anchor. The reason, as an experienced person would know,
is that the anchor rode, rope or chain, with or without kellet, will be
pulled nearly taut under heavy load.

So if I believe this, don't I have the knowledge of an experienced
person about it?

--
Stephen

-------

For any proposition there is always some sufficiently narrow
interpretation of its terms, such that it turns out true, and
some sufficiently wide interpretation such that it turns out
false...concept stretching will refute *any* statement, and will
leave no true statement whatsoever.
-- Imre Lakatos