posted to rec.boats.electronics
Dennis Pogson

Default need software to edit nautical chart

Geert Maene wrote:
Larry wrote:
Geert Maene wrote in news:khmdg.447153
:

Who knows a simple software to edit nautical charts. I have mad a
scan of my chart.

As you "scan" is probably a picture file of a chart, you should be
able to change the picture with picture editing software, copy and
pasting tiny pictures of the chart symbols into it, I suppose.

There are lots of picture editors that can change a picture at the
pixel level. Some of them are free.

I know,
But the problem is how to past at the exacte location. i mean in degr
min and sec.

You could use aprogram such as Oziexplorer, calibrate the "chart" you have
scanned, then use Ozi's functions to add and annotate whatever you want. You
can then save the chart as a bitmap in Ozi, and add whatever you wish using
a graphics program.