posted to rec.boats.electronics
Jack Erbes

Default SR261 AIS transceiver

wrote:

Look at it this way, if you have a USB port you can easily add a RS232
adapter. But what do you do when all you have is a RS232 port?

I assume were talking about laptops, you can easily add anything needed
to any PCI bus PC. On laptops most of the non-USB models will have
PCMCIA so you can add a PCMCIA dual port USB port adapter.

I think the laptops that did not have PCMCIA are all dead or in museums
by now. But I'm also sure that there is someone out there still using
them. Probably trying to get linux running on them. :)

Jack

--
Jack Erbes in Ellsworth, Maine, USA - jackerbes at adelphia dot net
(also receiving email at jacker at midmaine.com)