Ryk

Default 2 strokes or 4 strokes engine

On Wed, 24 May 2006 22:15:42 -0400, in message

Matt O'Toole wrote:

On Wed, 24 May 2006 18:42:01 -0400, Ryk wrote:

On Mon, 22 May 2006 17:52:11 -0400, in message

Matt O'Toole wrote:

I've been very happy with the 2 HP Honda 4 stroke, which weighs only 28
LB, and runs for a couple of hours on a pint of fuel. It's been dead
reliable for 4 years, and hundreds of starts (at least).

I like mine too, but I think you're exaggerating just a little on the
fuel economy. I've used up most of the 1 litre tank in not much over
an hour ;-)

Actually I do get two hours to a tankful, which is a quart/liter.

Which would be an hour per pint...

I run at a pretty low RPM, which gives hull speed easily in a 9'
RIB. Most people run their dinghy motors too hard. It uses a lot more
fuel, and doesn't make you go any faster (unless you have enough power to
plane).

Mine is on a more flexible boat (old plywood floor and inflatable
keel) so it soaks up more energy in anything but absolutely flat
water.

Cheers,

Ryk