Ryk

Default 2 strokes or 4 strokes engine

On Mon, 22 May 2006 21:53:22 +0100, in message

(Alan Frame) wrote:

Consider a temporary bracket[1] of some description that can fit onto
the toerail at the quarter, and mount the O/B in two stages. Dink
painter to midshipscleat, dink quarter-handle to stern-cleat and it's a
much lower lift/drop required when in the tender.

That is a very good idea. I seldom have a problem going up the swim
ladder with the Honda 2HP (28 lb) in one hand, but that would make it
easier. I could lift the engine to the toerail from a sitting position
in the dinghy.

I haven't found the position restrictions on the four stroke a
problem. The allowed positions are the obvious ones and a short trip
to other positions doesn't seem to be a problem.

Ryk