Lew Hodgett

Default Epoxy lined head waste holding tank

Bob wrote:

So my question is .................. given I can not use "the best"
tank material availible, I am looking seriously at plywood and epoxy
for a 25 gallon tank. What I have read from our experts is it will
either crack or start to smell becuase epoxy just does that.

Huh!

Done properly, epoxy/glass tank works just fine.

A 25 gallon tank is relatively small. I wouldn't waste time with a
plywood core.

I built a 65 gallon tank for my boat using 4 layers of 24 Oz double
bias glass and epoxy.

You could use 17 OZ double bias glass for your tank.

Build with a clean out port in top of tank (mine is about 12x16), held
in place with screws.

Line the interior of the tank with two (2) coats of "tank resin".

Build the tank with two (2) dip tubes for pump out. It simplifies the
plumbing.

Good luck.

Lew