Doug Kanter

Default Rigging knife

Not sure what a rigging knife is, so my advice may be worthless. But, I keep
a knife on board that's reserved only for a situation when I may have to
slice a rope instantly in an emergency. It's the Spyderco model below. It
lists for $72.00, but I found it locally for about $50.00 and you can find
it online around that price.

www.spyderco.com

Rescue 93mm - "Saving and Serving Professionals" want specific features in a
folding knife. Product ID: C14SBL

Emergency cutting requires these experts have a readily accessible knife
for quickly separating a variety of materials and a design that safely cuts
around people in hectic surroundings. Spyderco's new C14 Rescue 93mm model
was built with these needs in mind. A remake of the landmark C14 Spyderco
Rescue, the Rescue 93mm has a 3 1/2" cutting edge made from VG-10 stainless
steel. The blade is mostly serrated with the last inch at the tip PlainEdged
for a broad range of cutting needs. The blade's tip is a rounded sheepfoot
design (no sharpened point) that slides safely under seatbelts or clothing.
A unique feature is the crescent-shaped portion of steel bitten from the
blade's spine just in front of the hole. While cutting, the crescent
provides a positioning spot for the index finger giving perfect control over
the blade's tip. Behind the round hole a row of textured serrations position
the thumb for command over the entire cutting edge. Both positioning points
are further refined by a finger Choil cut from the underbelly of the handle
where the handle and blade meet. Blade and handle shape collectively, create
first-rate control and ergonomic comfort over the entire knife. Made of
figerglass reinforced nylon resin the handle is indigo blue, textured with a
palm grip-sticking waffle pattern. A tip-up pocket clip fastens to either
side of the handle for both right and left-handers and doubles as a lanyard
hole. A half-moon of steel removed from the locking lever (called a David
Boye indent) makes the knife impossible to accidentally close when gripped
very tightly.

"Ivan Reborin" wrote in message
I'm looking for a good rigging pocket knife, which won't fail me when
needed, unlike the last one.
Any reccomendations ?

Ivan Reborin