posted to rec.boats.electronics
Kees Verruijt

Default 60hz/50hz HELP!!

wrote:
hi all..
iam stuck in a gruesome situation..have placed orders for some heavy
duty wood working machinery from US.Most of these involve 3ph,220v,60hz
motors but i need to operate them at 220v,3ph,50hz supply.
can anyone please advice me on what will happen to the production(
efficiency wise.) in this case.
eagerly waiting for ur help..
thnks a ton.
sam.

Are you sure you are on 220V/380V where you want to use the equipment?

The EU moved to 230/400V a long time ago (halfway between continental
220V and UK 240V).

Australia at least has followed the UK and is now also on 230V.

Normally, these differences fall inside the tolerances set for
equipment, but I still suggest you check with your local electricity
supplier and the manufacturer.

--
Kees