Jeff

Default Lobster Pot floats and toggles

Charles T. Low wrote:
I've always wondered how the lobster or crab fishermen manage their own
boats in and amongst the pots. Anyone?

As mentioned, most of them have a cage around the prop.

Following the Lobsta Pot incident I mentioned before, we went into
Tenants' Harbor, through one of the densest pot fields I've seen.
While hanging around the commercial yard there I saw a lobster boat
have the shaft pulled for repairs. The owner was wondering how a line
could have been sucked through the cage. Though I normally wouldn't
wish another boater harm, I could resist a feeling of poetic justice
at that.