Charles T. Low

Default Lobster Pot floats and toggles

I've always wondered how the lobster or crab fishermen manage their own
boats in and amongst the pots. Anyone?

====

Charles T. Low
www.boatdocking.com

====

"Cap'n Ric" wrote in message
I'm leaving for a six week trip to Maine from Baltimore, MD on June 24th.
I'll primarily be in and around Penobscot Bay for the majority of the trip
going nonstop from the Cape Cod Canal to Tenants Harbor, ME. My question
is: Just how bad are the lobster floats / toggles in Maine? Here in the
Chesapeake Bay we have a lot of crab pots sometimes to the point of where
you have to avoid an area because the pots are so thick.

I'm a licensed captain with 45 years of sailing experience and thousands
of hours offshore and coastal sailing. I've got a 2003 Beneteau 473 with
virtually every known piece of navigation and communications gear. Even
so, I'm planning to do no sailing at night or in the fog while within any
bays or near coastal waters of Maine. Any personal experiences will be
greatly appreciated.