RCE

Default distributor cap condensation

"Charles T. Low" [withoutUN] wrote in message
Thank you. Does the penetrating oil dry it, or seal it, or both? How often
would it be required?

====

Charles T. Low
www.boatdocking.com

====

"RCE" wrote in message
Your handy dandy can of WD-40. Lightly spray inside the distributor cap,
let it air for a half hour, then re-install.
RCE

WD-40 is not really penetrating oil. It is non-conductive and hygroscopic.
It will absorb any condensation or moisture that developed within the cap.

For some reason, MoPar products of that vintage were notorious for poor
resistance to wet climates. My father-in-law taught me the WD-40 trick.
Don't really know how long one application would last.

RCE