JohnH

Default Don't do it

On 21 May 2006 09:07:19 -0700, "Reginald P. Smithers"
wrote:

After screwing around with the computer and its preloaded junk, I
formatted the hard drive and reloaded WinXP Pro and all the drivers.
This helped a bit, but after a few days, I got a blue screen of death
saying there was a "HARDWARE PROBLEM" and please contract my vendor.
After 3 hrs. of tinkering around, the "non service" rep. stated he
thought it was a software problem. I had to argue strongly, that it is
not a software problem, but a hardware problem. At this point he told
me he would need to call me back in an hour. Only after waiting 3 hrs,
did I call up to get a RA number.

Part of the problem with Dell "non service" dept was the Indian accent.
I have no problems understanding 99% of those with an accent. I
really had a problem with this "non service" rep. accent.

I honestly believe Dell has decided it is cheaper to have a customer
return the product, and lose the sale, than to send out a technician.
I had always purchased Dell and was always satisfied with Dell. I will
never buy another one.

Check out:

http://www.ihatedell.net/

Supposedly this is set up and run by employees of Dell who are trying
to help Dell solve their problems.

I've been lucky. Haven't had to call Dell for anything, nor have I had to
take it in. As I've not built a machine for about 8 years now, I'd be
hesitant to start from scratch. Maybe the thing to do, next time, is copy
one the Dell ads and then go to a local vendor to see how close they can
come to Dell's prices.

I'd never buy a computer from CompUSA, having had a miserable experience
with their ineptitude.
--
'Til next time,

John H