Reginald P. Smithers

Default Don't do it

After screwing around with the computer and its preloaded junk, I
formatted the hard drive and reloaded WinXP Pro and all the drivers.
This helped a bit, but after a few days, I got a blue screen of death
saying there was a "HARDWARE PROBLEM" and please contract my vendor.
After 3 hrs. of tinkering around, the "non service" rep. stated he
thought it was a software problem. I had to argue strongly, that it is
not a software problem, but a hardware problem. At this point he told
me he would need to call me back in an hour. Only after waiting 3 hrs,
did I call up to get a RA number.

Part of the problem with Dell "non service" dept was the Indian accent.
I have no problems understanding 99% of those with an accent. I
really had a problem with this "non service" rep. accent.

I honestly believe Dell has decided it is cheaper to have a customer
return the product, and lose the sale, than to send out a technician.
I had always purchased Dell and was always satisfied with Dell. I will
never buy another one.

Check out:

http://www.ihatedell.net/

Supposedly this is set up and run by employees of Dell who are trying
to help Dell solve their problems.