GBM

Default Propane system foul-up

"GBM" wrote

Because the hose is about 30" long, I was wondering if I could drill it

out.
It may be possible if I can get a long extension. One problem, is that it

is
likely not a straight run. I have thought of making a long hole drill with

piece of thin metal tubing that will fit over the hose. Just cut some

teeth
into the end of the tubing - If I go at it from each side it only needs to
be about 15" long.

Well, I tried this:
- I cut the hose off flush.
- Then used a hole saw to open up the holes in the wood bulkheads from 3/4"
to 1".
- Made up a "foam hole cutter" out of an old piece of 1" S/S tubing - just
ground one end to a circular knife edge.
- slipped the cutter over the garden hose and worked it into the foam - It
needed a bit of force and rotation.

Once I had about 8" loose on each side, a good tug released the remaining
foam.

The stove is now hooked up - still need to test the hose connection onto the
stove which is just a barb with two hose clamps. Can't see a way around this
unless I could crimp the end on the boat. (The connection to the stove is
actually a 45 deg flare nut that attaches the hose barb.

Thanks for all the ideas!

GBM