GBM

Default Propane system foul-up

"Jeff" wrote

GBM - I could send you
part of my copy but its 13 years old, and they were revised in 2000.

Thanks, but I have an electronic copy that I obtained somewhere?

As for removing the old hose, if there is access, you can use a one
inch flat drill bit and a long extension to ream it out and start anew.

Because the hose is about 30" long, I was wondering if I could drill it out.
It may be possible if I can get a long extension. One problem, is that it is
likely not a straight run. I have thought of making a long hole drill with a
piece of thin metal tubing that will fit over the hose. Just cut some teeth
into the end of the tubing - If I go at it from each side it only needs to
be about 15" long.

I could seal off the hose and drill a new hole, but because this runs near
the hull, I would have to be careful to get it to go in the right direction!

I will look at running copper all the way too - It's a bit of a job though
to get proper supports all the way - it has to run across the lazarette
lockers and they have limited access. I would be more concerned about copper
without frequent supports than with the rubber hose which were able to
tie-wrap at intervals.

Enough talk - thanks for listening - now I need to go and do it!

GBM