BF

Default Propane system foul-up

This might work, but I'd do it as last resort.
Make a short plug to press fit into the hose on one end and fit a ratchet
wrench on the other. Press the round end into a accessible end of the tube.
Epoxy and or pin the tube to the plug. When cure use your ratchet to twist
the hose which might collapse it and un-glue it from the foam. If you can
get at least half the length un-glued, you have a shot at it.
BF

"GBM" wrote in message
I just fouled up my boat's propane tubing to the stove.

What the boat had, was a continuous length of 3/8" rubber hose that ran

from
the propane locker to the stove. This hose ran between the ice box and

the
hull.

I have just converted to refrigeration and because I could not get at the
area that the hose ran through, I used pour-in foam insulation. To provide

conduit for the rubber hose, I put in a piece of garden hose with idea

that
I would move it back & forth and then pull it out before the foam "set"

too
hard. Well as usual, this did not work out! I could not get the garden

hose
out! And, the garden hose is about same size as the propane hose, so I

can't
run the propane hose through the garden hose (Should have used larger
hose!!)

I was thinking about just using a short piece of copper tubing and then
attaching the rubber hose to each side with double hose clamps. I am sure
this would work, but I don't think it would pass a survey. In fact, I am
concerned that any type of joint inside the boat may not pass. I could use
flared connections on each side, but would still need a barbed hose
connector with clamps.

If I have to have no connections along the run, I would need some type of
tubing that will fit through a 7/16" ID hose. Only thing that comes to

mind,
is to use 3/8" copper tubing all the way and then a short rubber hose to
connect to the stove. Interestingly, the Kenyon stove has a barbed fitting
for attaching the hose - I have it double clamped, but from what I have
read, this should probably be a flared connection too? If I do this, I

will
have to buy a flaring tool and make the connections after feeding the

tubing
through the "conduit".

Other option, is to SOMEHOW remove the garden hose. The section of foam it
passes through is about 30" wide. It seems loose for about 10" but firmly
stuck for the other 20". I have tried to come up with an idea on how to
drill or cut it out, but I can only get at the end openings. Any good

ideas
on how to unstick the garden hose ??

GBM