JoeSpareBedroom

Default Don't do it

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"Reginald P. Smithers" wrote in message
ps.com...
Don't install the beta version of Media Player 11. Against my better
judgment I installed a MS beta version of MP11. After installing the
software, I started to have problems with Windows Media Center and
Comcast Photoshow.

I have rolled back my software and I am still having problems with the
software.

I have always considered MS final release to be beta until it has been
on the market for at least 6 months, I should have known better.

Actually, don't install the beta of ANY software, unless the machine
you're using is reserved for experiments, and is not used for generating
income.

Horsepuckies. I install betas all the time. It's the alphas that are
scary. I'm running a beta of VISTA right now on one of my other machines,
and I haven't had any serious trouble with most of it, and the trouble I
have had has nothing to do with my income-earning apps.

I've been messing with Windows OS betas for, hell, 20 years, going back to
the early alpha-beta distro releases of 1.0 on packs of floppies.

You will pay. It's not a question of if. It's a question of when.