posted to rec.boats.paddle.touring
Steve Hix

Default What to buy together with your new camera? ... 6 Tips from a Paddler Perspective

In article ,
Dan Koretz wrote:

how about a small, easily detached float? I keep my optio in a little
mash zippered pocket on my PFD. The pocket is too small for any kind of
float, but I get nervous about getting hit by a wave and dropping the
camera when I have it out (especially in following seas). What would be
ideal, but I have not found it, would be a float (not styrofoam, which
comes apart) that you could keep clipped to a line on the deck and then
clip it to the camera strap when you need it. Anyone know of anything?

I dug out a visitor badge neck strap from work, and thread the Optio
WP's wrist strap through the steel loop at the end of the neck strap.

Hang it around my neck, with the camera tucked into a PDF mesh pocket
when not using it, and it works fine.

Doesn't go anywhere when you fall out of the boat at the dock, either.

:}