James

Default OMC 5.7 1989 lacks RPM at WOT

It's very possible you have vacuum secondaries. Which means the engine
vacuum opens them. If the carb is faily square and the secondaries are
significantly larger than the primaries then you probably have a quadrajet.
If the secondaries are the same size as the primaries and the float bowls
are square blocks on the front and rear of the carb it's probably a holley.
Inability for the secondaries to open would explain your problem. You have
to get someone to watch them while you are underway. They will not open
without a load if they are vacuum actuated.

"Jens_Erik" wrote in message
ups.com...
I removed the flame arrester yesterday and the secondaries where
exposed. From what i could see everything on the top part of the carb
seemed to be able to move freely. But i did not open the carb entirely
and checked the carb core. I have not yet replaced the gasket yet as
they are not in stock here in Nuuk.