Doug Kanter

Default Economy Rebounds - Productivity Soars, Jobless Claims Drop

"NOYB" wrote in message
news

... the number one grocer in the country.

....only regionally. Their grocery impact is not consistent. Depends on the
competition. If you're in an area where there's a spectacular grocery chain,
Wal Mart will suck away some business initially, due to curiosity, but the
effect doesn't last long. The Wal Mart here carries vegetables which appear
to have been driven over. Since 1/3 of my shopping cart gets filled with
produce, I won't shop at Wal Mart because it would mean having to shop AGAIN
at the real grocery store, just to get produce. Not worth the trouble.

Finally, if you do a long-term comparison of costs, you'll find that
groceries are NOT cheaper, on average, at Wal Mart. Due to the nature of the
grocery biz, it's impossible for WM to consistently command lower prices
from the manufacturers.