Default Help Sizing an Auxiliary Outboard Motor for a 18-ft Boat

Wayne.B wrote:
On 17 May 2006 08:10:51 -0700, "
wrote:

Now, I just need to find a way to dismount/mount
a 100-lb 9.9hp outboard by myself when I need to use the outboard in a
small row boat.

Try something like this:

http://www.yachtsofstuff.com/userPos...ff&cexs=ocmar3

You could probably build your own from steel channel.

Thanks for the info about prop with low pitch and many blades. Do I
need to change the prop back to the way it was when I move the outboard
to a small boat?

For optimal performance and motor longevity, the prop always should be
matched to the load. The risk of using a low pitch prop on a light
weight boat is over reving the engine and not making full boat speed.

Thanks for the link. Now I realize that I should be able to handle
100-lb motor without any problem. I didn't think this thoroughly.
Sorry about this. I think all I need is a mobile motor mount where I
can rest the motor on it while I move the motor from one boat to
another boat.

Also thanks for pointing out the need of matching the prop to the boat.

Jay Chan