R.W. Behan

Default Sikkens Cetol Removal

Second Peggy's recommendations. About 5 years ago we began the Cetol
process on our Westsail 32, and each year that the new coats accumulate, our
brightwork more and more looks like it's painted. The wood grain is
disappearing behind the thickening coats of Cetol. So this year we WILL
sand before applying the maintenance coat, hoping to regain the pleasant
appearance of the first few years. I don't think you'll need to scrape or
sand ALL of the old Cetol, unless you have some blistering or bare spots
otherwise. It's pretty forgiving stuff, and we'll never use varnish again.

Good luck with your project.

Dick Behan

"Nancy Murphy" wrote in message
Hi,

I'd like to remove the thick decade and a half worth of cumulative coats
of Cetol, repaint some trim and then reapply Cetol.

All documentation on preparing surfaces previously coated with Cetol
says no removal is necessary, just apply another coat.

Does anyone have suggestions for removal?

Chemical hopefully ;~)

Besides the obvious convienence, I'm concerned scrapping will maim some
of the trim in question...

Thanks,

JP