posted to rec.boats.paddle
mike

Default Anyone have experience with Wilderness Systems kayaks?

"echinacea" wrote in message
oups.com...
After test driving a few different manufacturers I really liked the
Wilderness Systems Tsunami 145. I am considering getting this model in
the Duralite material. If anyone has had any experience with either
Wilderness Systems kayaks or with this material please let me know how
it went. Duralite is 10 pounders lighter but has a beam installed up
the middle to keep it stiff.

I paddle a tsunami 145 in the Puget Sound area./ Have enjoyed the boat a
lot. Mine is plastic, and has one bad habit, when doing a swimmer rescue, or
even a self rescue from the port side, it is very easy to knock the rear
hatch cove off the hatch. purt near guarantee that it will ruin your day.
Other than that the boat is good. Somewhat slow, but very stable, very dry
(with hatch covers on), and a fun ride. I am 6'3", about 240 lbs, and not an
expert paddler by any means, but I like the boat. Will put some straps
across the rear hatch and think that will solve the problem