posted to rec.boats.paddle
John Fereira

Default Anyone have experience with Wilderness Systems kayaks?

"Michael Daly" wrote in
:

On 15-May-2006, John Fereira wrote:

a lot of people really like the phase 3 seat

The seat is nice, but the backrest is way too tall. It can interfere
with the sprayskirt and forget about anything resembling a layback.

I've found that the be common with a lot of kayak seats. It's unfortunate
that vendors are promoting comfortable kayaking at the expense of
encouraging poor posture resulting in inefficient paddling.

backband with that seat bottom would be pretty good combination for a
lot of paddlers.

I really like the backband I put into my old fiberglass VCP Skerray. I cut
a swatch out of an old plastic garbage "can", drilled a couple of hole in it
so that I could attach it to the molded in cheek plates, and padded it with
a bit of closed cell foam. It's very comfortable and doesn't restrict a
layback roll.