posted to rec.boats.electronics
Bruce in Alaska

Default Autohelm 5000 Boat going in circles

In article ,
"Lynn Coffelt" wrote:

Aw, heck, Bruce beat me to it! If this is a new installation, and has
never worked just right, there is a 50/50 chance that the motor wiring needs
to be reversed OR the rudder position transducer/sender mechanical linkage
is turning it's shaft the wrong direction (does the linkage form the letter
"Z" or the letter "H"...... or is the sender mounted right side up or is it
inverted?)
All common problems, even when trying to do the install "by the book".
Lots of us have been there, done that, more times than we'd ever admit.
Old Chief Lynn

Tis a Trueism of modern, and not so modern, Marine Electronics.....

Bruce in alaska
--
add a 2 before @