William G. Andersen

Default A boat for my family?

I suggest you go to the lake, observe the boats others are using. Ask some
of them if they'd buy the same boat again or what they'd get instead.
Most of us compromise when it comes to family boats. Ther are a lot of
specialty boats for bass fishing, wakeboarding, cruising. You probably will
end up with a deck boat or bowrider.

"John Smith" wrote in message
. com...
My wife and kids are bugging me about a boat.

I know nothing of boats and even less about which brands/models are
worth my search time.

I would take my kids tubing and fishing on a nearby freshwater lake.
The boat needs to be towable with ability to nose onto the beach.

We would need to handle 1-8 guests/crew. Guests/crew would need
refreshments and a bathroom and shade from the sun.

Towing inner tubers and skiiers is the primary use. Fishing is
definitely a likelihood, but a low priority.

Finally, for now, I can't afford the idea let alone an actual purchase!

I know nothing of boston whalers except they have a really cool name and
the one comment I saw tells me I can't afford a boston whaler.

So, which boats (for a northern california fresh water lake) should I be
looking into?

Thanks,

JS