John Smith

Default A boat for my family?

My wife and kids are bugging me about a boat.

I know nothing of boats and even less about which brands/models are
worth my search time.

I would take my kids tubing and fishing on a nearby freshwater lake.
The boat needs to be towable with ability to nose onto the beach.

We would need to handle 1-8 guests/crew. Guests/crew would need
refreshments and a bathroom and shade from the sun.

Towing inner tubers and skiiers is the primary use. Fishing is
definitely a likelihood, but a low priority.

Finally, for now, I can't afford the idea let alone an actual purchase!

I know nothing of boston whalers except they have a really cool name and
the one comment I saw tells me I can't afford a boston whaler.

So, which boats (for a northern california fresh water lake) should I be
looking into?

Thanks,

JS