Default gunnel surface

Jim Gemmill wrote:
Item #1
I have a friend who bought an older boat boat. The teak on the upper surface
of the gunnel was in need of replacement. He removed it and now is looking
for something other than teak to place on this are. Ideas are appreciated.

Item #2
He ant to use earmuffs to start his 75 horse Evinrude. How much water from
a garden hose in needed. I told him I thought enough for some excess to
spray out from the muffs when the engine is running. Am I correct or
should he do otherwise?

Thanks in advance for advice.
--
Jim Gemmill
o_o_o_o
|ŻŻŻL --O|||||||O-

Did he save the teak? Hope so, as it will serve as a template for a
replacement rail.

Here's a workable alternative for capping a gunwale:

http://www.kingstarboard.com/Default2.aspx