posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop

Default New Dinghy

"Bob Crantz" wrote in message
. ..

"Maxprop" wrote in message
k.net...

"Bob Crantz" wrote in message

"Maxprop" wrote in message

Nope. I rode the MB for two years prior to it being included in the
now-defunct Coors Tour. If you were a cat 4 you probably didn't spend
much time in that part of the peleton where I usually was.

I spent a fair amount of time in that part of the peleton, each time
when they lapped me. If you look at the winning times of Cat 2,3,4
(there was a Cat 5 when I was racing)you will see there isn't much
difference. It's the spread of the pack that is different with each
category. I once even won a circuit race because when I was going to get
lapped a second time, I took off and finished just ahead of the pack. I
did it as a joke, apparently it fooled the officials. I didn't go to the
podium to claim the inner tube I had won.
Did you race with the Grewal brothers?

The name is familiar, but no. I did, however, have the opportunity to
ride alongside Eddie Merckx for one lap of the MB (he was the honorary
race chairman) before he dropped out to watch the rest of the race from
the comfort of his easy chair.

Indurain raced here a while back.

How old is Miguel now? He must be well up in his thirties. He is one tall
dude--about 6'3", I'd guess. I saw him at a Chicago bicycle show and
convention a few years ago.

Ever run ultramarathons?

Lord no. Halves were as ambitious as I ever got. I did do some canoe
triathlons one summer, however. Not a great swimmer.

Ever hear of the Leadville 100?

No, and I used to do a road race that went through Leadville in the
Seventies? When was the 100 instituted?

Incidentally one of my closer friends went off the road at the beginning of
a fast downhill at the Climax Molybdenum Mine--broke ribs, clavicle, and a
wrist. Nasty wreck.

Max