posted to rec.boats.building
(PeteCresswell)

Default Kayak Deck Lashings: No Backing?

Per Brian:
Check the Redfish kayak site. He has a way of doing the lashings that are
clean and efficient as well as water tight. It is a way of getting rid of
the screws and still have the bungee system.

Thanks.

BTW, I checked the fitting where the bungee behind the rudder pedals passes.
Same situation. I've seen more than one guy attaching their paddle leash to
that fitting. What a kick in the head to capsize, grab the paddle, and the
watch the ski blow away because the fitting pulled out...
--
PeteCresswell